What to Look for In Moisturizers for Oily, Normal and Dry Skin
Oily skin is a skin type prone to breakouts. Most people assume that because it has a moisture to it that moisturizers should not be used on this skin type. Actually, oily skin needs just as much moisture as any other type. However, you should be looking for formulations that contain anti-acne ingredients as well as ingredients that keep it from becoming too greasy. Look for willow bark in a natural lotion. Also, if you can find moisturizers with salicylic acid you should buy them as they will help prevent breakouts.
Skincare Routine for Oily Skin
- Cleanse twice a day: morning and night. People with this kid of skin should use gel based cleansers to help clean out pores and strip away excess oil. Ingredients such as: Alpha Hydrox Acid will best.
- Toning is very import to pick up left over dirt, cleanser and pH the skin.
If you have Normal Skin, you are lucky. You can choose just about any moisturizer you want, as long as it does not have the ingredients you might find in products designed for oily skin.
If you have Combination Skin, choose an oil-based or cream moisturizer and apply it liberally when the skin is dry. When skin is normal, a water-based moisturizer that has a light, non-greasy feel is best.
Dry skin often feels tight, especially when you smile. It may look leathery despite a person’s age. The best way to check if your skin is dehydrated/dry is to lift your cheeks or lightly pinch the skin on the forehead. If fine lines appear, then the skin is lacking in water. Severely dry skin can be itchy, red and irritated. If left unchecked, can cause pre matured aging.
Skincare Routine for Dry Skin
- Cleanse. People with dry skin should look for a creamy, soothing cleanser. They should avoid foam cleansers as they tend to be over drying. To stimulate oil producing gland cleanser should be massage into skin. Best cleanser should contain glycerin and hyaluronic acid as these ingredients draw water to the surface of the skin
- Tone. Use toner because it helps moisturizer be absorbed into the skin. Try something rosewater. Apply a thin layer of toner on the skin before applying moisturizer.
- Moisturize. Moisturizing is a must when your skin is dry. Buy the one that is thick and creamy.
Sometimes what can help you is to use a hydrating mask once a week followed good exfoliation.
For more info about skin care treatments visit our website at www.laestetica.co or call us at 415 787 2772